What Hours Do The Clubs Operate From?
|OLSG Upper Site||7.30 – 9.00am||3.05 – 6.30pm|
|OLSG Lower Site||7.30 – 9.00am||3.20 – 6.30pm|
|Kelmscott||N/A||3.15 – 6.30pm|
|Walthamstow Primary Academy||7.30 – 9.00am||3.30 – 6.30pm|
Will CCS Administer Medicine In The Setting?
- If a child has regular medication, a medication record will be kept on the child, stating the name of the medication, the amount and the time. Parents/carers must sign the record sheet at the end of the session. Non-prescribed medication will not be administered to any child.
- During the summer periods parents and carers are encouraged to supply their child with sun cream. Their names should be written on the bottle and staff will supervise children administering their cream .
What Happens If I’m Late Collecting My Child?
- Parents/carers are required to inform us if they are going to be late
- Alternative arrangements must be sought to collect your child on time
- Children not collected by 6pm will incur an automatic charge of £10 and then £2 for every additional 5 minutes late
- Arrangements for 6.30pm collection must be made in advance i.e. before the afternoon session commences
- Children not collected 30 mins after their collection time will be reported to Social Services
What Is The Procedure If I Would Like To Make A Complaint?
If You Have Any Further Questions Or Concerns, Your First Point Of Contact Should Always Be The Manager Of The Site Which Your Child Attends.
Does The Service Cater For Children With SEN?
We Will Take Special Needs Into Consideration And Will Try To Meet Each Child’s Individual Needs. We May Not Be Able To Provide The Extra Support A Child May Need At The First Instance, But Seek Advice And Support From Waltham Forest Early Years To Include All Needs And Provide A Service
What Age Does My Child Have To Be To Attend The Provision?
The Minimum Age For A Child To Attend Any Of The Provisions Is 4 Years-Old (Reception)
What Is The Child & Staff Ratio?
- CSS’S staffing ratio is in accordance with Ofsted regulations. We use the following guidelines.
- Children under 8 – 1 adult to every 8 children.
- Children 8 and over – 1 Adult to every 15 children.
- Average – 1 Adult to every 10 children.
Are The Children Taken Off Site At Any Time?
During Term Time, It Is Very Rare That Children Shall Be Taken Of Site To Do Activities However It Is Possible. With Regards To The Holiday Club, It’s Very Likely That Children Will Take Part In Off-Site Activities As This Makes Up Part Of Our Holiday Programme. Parents Will Always Be Informed Before Any Off-Site Activities Are Conducted As Permission And Extra Fees Maybe Incurred During Trips.
Are Staff Qualified?
Half Of Our Staffing Team Hold A Qualification In Play Or Early Years From Level 2 To Level 4.
Who Is Your Registered Body?
We Are Registered With Ofsted To Provide Out Of School Care For Children Aged 4 To 13 Years.
Do You Offer Sibling Discount?
Yes, We Offer Discount For After School & Holiday Club. Breakfast Club Is Full Price.
Do You Carry Out Risk Assessments For Your Offsite Activities?
All Offsite Activities Are Risk Assessed. These Are Available If Parents Would Like To Have A Look At.
Is There Available Parking?
There Is No Parking At Any Of Our Sites. We Do Not Have Access To The School’s Car Parking Facilities. We Ask Parents To Be Cautious And To Take Note Of The Parking Restrictions In The Local Area.
What Happens If My Child Is Sick On Site?
Your Child Will Be Made To Feel Comfortable. They May Be Isolated From The Other Children If They Are Vomiting. Parents Will Be Called Straight Away And Asked To Collect Their Child As Soon As Possible. If Your Child Has Been Vomiting They Will Not Be Able To Return To The Setting For Another 48 Hours. You Will Still Be Charged For Those Days.
Does My Child Have Access To Outdoor Play?
All Holiday Club Provisions Have Access To Outdoor Play. Most Of Our After School/Breakfast Clubs Also Have This Facility. For Sites Which Do Not Have Purpose Built Outdoor Facilities, Have Access To Local Outdoor Parks.
Do You Offer Personal Care?
We Do Not Have Facilities Or One To One Staff To Over Personal Care. This Includes Taking Children To The Toilet Or Changing Nappies. We Will Escort Children If Needed And We Will Support Them If They Have An Accident, But We Do Not Assist Them After Use Of The Toilet.
Will My Child/Children Be Allowed To Sign Out And Leave The Premises Unaccompanied By An Adult?
We Ask For All Children To Be Collected By A Responsible Adult
Do You Accept Childcare Vouchers?
Yes. We Are Registered With A Variety Of Voucher Schemes